Saturday, September 3, 2011

What time is it? #5 with Classic Accessories for Gwyneth

I watched "A Perfect Murder" the other night and admired the classic, elegant style of Gwyneth Paltrow's character in the movie.  Classic tailored shirts, cashmere, suede, shearling and great accessories.




Directed by Andrew Davis and starring Michael Douglas, Gwyneth Paltrow and Viggo Mortensen. It is supposedly a remake of Alfred Hitchcock's 1954 film, Dial M for Murder, though the characters' names are all changed, the characters of Halliday and Swann are combined. Loosely based on the play by Frederick Knott, the screenplay was written by Patrick Smith Kelly.
Excerpted from Wikipedia

Gwyneth Paltrow and Michael Douglas
This movie has enormous style both in decor and in costumes.  I love the style of Gwyneth’s character and love the international decor of their New York penthouse apartment.  The entire set was a sound stage with panoramic images all around that they altered for different times of the day.  All of the marble in the apartment is photocopied images of real marble that they used to make it look real.  It certainly fooled me.  The art work are reproductions designed to look like the real thing.  (There must be some really good forgers in Hollywood).  It's really well done.  It's an interesting twist to the Alfred Hitchcock Dial M for Murder movie, with a more updated and current feel.  I'd love a walk through her wardrobe for this film. The costume designer for this film is  Colleen Atwood who also designed the clothes for Angelina Jolie in the tourist.  She can redo my wardrobe anytime.

5 comments:

  1. she didn't carry a birkin, she carried a kelly bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True - thanks for correcting me - I've made the change. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I wrote Birkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to be too picky, (although it appears that way), the photo you show is of a Birkin bag and not a Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the perform that you have placed into this. I’m sure that you will be making a really useful place. I has been additionally pleased. Good perform! classic solitaire

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...