Monday, September 19, 2011

Eating My Way through Rome

Williams Sonoma had a "Bringing Home Rome" event on their site and I've been busy downloading the many recipes that appeal to my family - which is quite a few actually.  Everyone loves Italian food.

Spaghetti with Clams in Their Shells
Pasta Shells with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Basil
Veal Scallops with Prosciutto and Sage

Ok back to girlie stuff.  One of my favourite movies is Eat, Pray, Love.  I enjoyed the book and wasn't disappointed with the movie which is frequently the case.  Julia Roberts was perfect in the role, but my favourite part of her travels was Rome, Italy.  I so wanted to try all the food showcased in that segment.  I have an Italian neighbour and I've learned that I really love Mediterranean and Italian cooking.  I'm truly hooked by now.


One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia is a 2006 memoir by American author Elizabeth Gilbert. The memoir chronicles the author's trip around the world after her divorce and what she discovered during her travels. The book remained on The New York Times Best Seller list for 187 weeks.  The movie rights for the memoir were purchased by Columbia Pictures. The film version, stars American actress Julia Roberts.

Excerpted from Wikipedia

Julia Roberts in Eat, Pray, Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...