Sunday, September 11, 2011

Lest We Forget

Today is the 10th anniversary of September 11th.  The ripple effects from that day have affected everyone in the world in the last ten years.  My heart still bleeds for those who lost their lives that day and for those that are still dealing with the tragedy.  Life has never been the same since.  My son had just entered grade 1 at the time and now he's 6' tall.  It puts the last ten years into perspective when I remember that day so clearly.  The insanity - for there is no other way to describe the mindset of the terrorists - has changed the world on almost every level.  Let's hope that the next ten years help us to regain some of the innocence lost and help heal the emotional trauma from that day.

In Memoriam

It seems crass to show a commercial here, but it was one of the most moving commercials I've ever seen.  It literally brought me to tears when I first saw it and I was struck by how much it meant to me.  I've never forgotten it and wanted to show it here because it's special to me.  This is a commercial Budweiser did for 9/11. They only aired it once so as not to benefit financially from it. They just wanted to acknowledge that horrible day and pay tribute to America and its heroes.  Thank you Budweiser for expressing so beautifully what I couldn't. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...