Friday, October 7, 2011

Oktoberfest Pretzels

It's Oktoberfest time around here.  People come from all over Canada and the United States for our Oktoberfest celebrations.  It's good for the city I suppose, but it's not so great for the locals.  The price of gas goes through the roof this time of year, there are lot more people on the streets and trying to get a cab if you're anywhere near a fest hall is a nightmare.  However there is one thing that I indulge in every year (and periodically at ball games in the summer) and that's a soft pretzel.  Well this year I don't have to go to a fest hall or ball park, I can make my own since Williams Sonoma posted a receipe, so last night I prepared these for movie night.  Delicious fresh from the oven, but I feel totally bloated today and I've got a lot of cooking to do this weekend since it's also the Thanksgiving long weekend here in Canada.  This is the time of year when I really put on the weight and will be putting my Whole Life Challenge to the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...