Saturday, October 11, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

I love fall.  It's not so muggy hot and of course the changing colours of the leaves are a free art show in themselves.  Every year for many years when we were kids, we went away this weekend to look at the leaves.  As a result we've been all over the Eastern United States and Canada as well.  It was one of those family bonding moments.  I wanted to continue this tradition with my son now that my parents are gone.  However, I didn't take into account that my son might not feel the same way.  He's a big fan of Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings - not to mention Sunday afternoon football.  In other words despite the fact that there is only two of us.  I find myself out buying a turkey and everything else.  My wanderlust at this time of year appears to have skipped him.  He'd rather snuggle up at home on this long weekend and apparently wasn't keen on the prospect of sitting in a car for long hours with his mother looking at leaves.  So once more I'm searching for Thanksgiving recipes and wondering what I'll do with all the left overs.  The fridge and freezers are stocked and the dog is following me around drooling and looking forward to my hours in the kitchen.  The leaves will have to do without me this year.

 
 
 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

 
 



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...